Wednesday, February 22, 2012

You're My Everything: The Makings of a Bride


Per instructions from my lovely photographer Christina, I had spent some time that morning setting aside the details that went into creating my bridal look.  While I was putting the final touches on my make-up, she and her assistant were working their magic, photographing.  It's amazing to me that in a matter of mere minutes, these items went from inanimate objects to being cemented in a young woman's mind as an indelible part of her wedding day ensemble and experience.

 My final wedding to-do list

 Apparently I had nothing planned for that Saturday! (True story: I prize my planner an excessive amount, and I didn't want my "Wedding!" entry to be sloppy, so I kept putting it off.  Oh well!)

 
Some of my pearls

 
 Complete with earrings, which were my "something borrowed" from my mom


 
The crochet hook my mom used to fasten the row of buttons on the back of my gown
 
My wedding day scent



 Ohhhhh, the dress

 The pleats - deceptively simple and plain on the hanger

With my shoes

My shoe glamor shot

A special note about the following two photos - these items became misplaced in the hubbub of the wedding day.  They were always on my "maybe" list for my actual wedding day look, so I didn't make it a high priority to get them into my hands that morning.  As a result, they kind of got pushed to the side, and they haven't surfaced again.  


The ring is a peridot ring Mr. Snow Cone gifted me for our five-year anniversary; I was initially really distraught to have lost this sentimental possession. Mr. Snow Cone then reminded me the purpose of the ring was to have a symbol of our relationship to wear on my hands. He then politely asked me to take a quick peek at my left ring finger. Touché, Mr. Snow Cone. The other item is obviously my snow cone charm, a nod to my Weddingbee moniker. I'm still hopeful these trinkets will turn up sometime soon; however, as a word to the wise, if you have small but important possessions that will be moving around during the wedding day, appoint someone particular to keep an eye on them to ensure they don't get misplaced.

Now that you've seen all of the bits and pieces of my wedding day look, it's time to become a bride!

All photos by the amazing Christina Garber

No comments:

Post a Comment