Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fearing the earrings

Truthfully speaking, few things make me happier than crossing off items on a to-do list.  I'll admit, I'm the type of person to put "write to-do list" as the first item on my to-do list so I can cross that sucker off within about 30 seconds.  I'm an accomplishment junkie, I guess... the less exciting counterpart of the adrenaline junkie, you could say.  So you can imagine my sheer frustration that I cannot for the life of my manage to finalize a very specific item on my wedding list of tasks - my jewelry.



Here's the deal.  I have my necklace all picked out, sitting safely in my closet as we speak.  It's similar to this one:

Image via Bridal Baubles
The only real difference is that my necklace only has the rhinestone/crystal accents along the deepest part of the necklace, as opposed to the whole way around.  But you get the idea.

Anyhow, now I'm on a search for earrings.  I have two piercings in each ear, and I know that I'm borrowing my mom's diamond studs for my second holes.  That leaves me with a big, blank canvas of an earlobe for my first holes.  After trying on multiple, multiple, multiple pairs, I've come up with a list of criteria that I'm looking for.  Unfortunately, I haven't found a single pair out there that fits the bill!

I want a pair of earrings that offers a statement without being too big/heavy/overpowering.  I'd love for them to be dangles or drops, but with a post component at the top.  I want the earrings to incorporate pearls and crystals/rhinestones to mirror my necklace and hair comb.  I'm currently swooning over teardrop shaped stones, so those are definitely catching my eye.  99% of the time, I wear yellow gold (including my e-ring and wedding ring), so that's my metal priority.  I don't want to break the bank, but at the same time, I don't want them to look cheap.  So many wishes, so few jewelry genies to make them all come true.

Here are some of my "close but no cigar" finds (along with price and why they haven't won my heart).

 Image via luxedeluxe ($48) - A little too much silver metal, plus not a big fan of those crystal things on top of the pearls.

Image via Just Mel ($32.99) - These would be seriously perfect in book if they had a little less silver.  I've already contacted to seller to see if gold's an option, and it's a no-go. 

Image via Just Mel ($31.99) - I know I'm being picky, but something about the metal-pearl connection looks a little bit on the weak side.  Plus, I'm lukewarm on the round pearls.

Image via JooJooLand ($39) - No pearls, plus the gold looks a little too coppery to me.

Image via Overstock ($18.99) - No pearl

All of this whining brings me to a plea - have any brides out there hit earring jackpot with similar styles?  Does anyone have any sites or stores to look into?  I'm driving myself insane with my constant Google shopping and Etsy searches of all the different permutations of the words gold, earring, teardrop, pearl, crystal, rhinestone, diamond, drop, stud, and post.  I see earrings in my sleep, so any help would be supremely appreciated!

What part of your wedding day look was the hardest to finalize? 

No comments:

Post a Comment