Friday, March 2, 2012

You're My Everything: Two Grand Reveals and One Special Gesture

As a result of my private dressing session, none of my bridesmaids had seen the finished product.  I could hear them on the other side of the door while I was getting dressed, so once everything was in place, I instructed my mom to open the door and let them in for grand reveal number one.

I love this picture - specifically, the reflection of BM K's face in the mirror.  Perfect reaction.

I didn't hear very much at first, but then I heard a lot of breathy sighs, followed by a flood of compliments.  At the risk of sounding self-centered, it was really, really nice to hear some of my closest friends tell me how nicely my bridal look came together.  That's what bridesmaids are for, right?


 I also got to share the love with one of my grandmas.



With my bridesmaids looking on, I posed for a few quick portraits.  Well, I guess I tried to pose, but I was too busy talking and laughing to get any non-candid ones.

Not done giving instructions yet, I suppose
 

 I also took a quick break for a very important little task.

 Photo by BM B

My bridesmaids took advantage of this time to check themselves out, too.  Not that I'm biased, but I thought they were a pretty fine-looking bunch!

I posed for a few more shots on the stairs.


Finally, I was ready to go downstairs, for grand reveal number two...


... to the first love of my life, my Daddy-o.


During this hug, we both got a little weepy, despite our best efforts.  In order to stave off the waterworks, we decided to break out of the hug on the count of three, ending with a high five.  It was a completely impromptu act, but it totally lightened the mood and became the go-to gesture for fighting off tears for the rest of the day.  You can see the aftermath of the day's first high five below:


All photos by the amazing Christina Garber, unless otherwise noted

No comments:

Post a Comment