|I love this picture - specifically, the reflection of BM K's face in the mirror. Perfect reaction.|
I didn't hear very much at first, but then I heard a lot of breathy sighs, followed by a flood of compliments. At the risk of sounding self-centered, it was really, really nice to hear some of my closest friends tell me how nicely my bridal look came together. That's what bridesmaids are for, right?
I also got to share the love with one of my grandmas.
With my bridesmaids looking on, I posed for a few quick portraits. Well, I guess I tried to pose, but I was too busy talking and laughing to get any non-candid ones.
|Not done giving instructions yet, I suppose|
I also took a quick break for a very important little task.
Photo by BM B
My bridesmaids took advantage of this time to check themselves out, too. Not that I'm biased, but I thought they were a pretty fine-looking bunch!
I posed for a few more shots on the stairs.
Finally, I was ready to go downstairs, for grand reveal number two...
... to the first love of my life, my Daddy-o.
During this hug, we both got a little weepy, despite our best efforts. In order to stave off the waterworks, we decided to break out of the hug on the count of three, ending with a high five. It was a completely impromptu act, but it totally lightened the mood and became the go-to gesture for fighting off tears for the rest of the day. You can see the aftermath of the day's first high five below:
All photos by the amazing Christina Garber, unless otherwise noted
- We spent a low-key night with some of my friends and family.
- We ran some errands and received some one-of-a-kind brewskies.
- I had a moderate-sized freak-out at the rehearsal.
- I went toe-to-toe with the priest over a few significant details.
- We expressed our gratitude to our bridal party, without any tears (almost)!
- We dined and drank our way through our rehearsal dinner.
- We threw an after party with a birthday twist.
- We spent the morning getting beautified and relaxing.
- A peek into the details of my wedding day look.
- I had some private time with my mom, becoming a bride.