Wednesday, March 7, 2012

You're My Everything: Setting the Scene

Before I launch into the events of the ceremony, I think it's important to develop an idea of our surroundings on that special August afternoon.

My family's church, which served as the headquarters for our ceremony.


If you look really hard, you can see our floral letters on either side of the entrance.


Here's a closer view of the letters.

 
 

In addition to the flowers surrounding the entrance, we also had the bridesmaids' bouquets,


the mothers' nosegays,


and my bouquet, complete with bee charms and my wedding date charm.


Inside the church, immediately prior to the ceremony, we had the bouquets all lined up, waiting for their owners.

 Photo by family friend F
The altar had complementary floral arrangements.

 Photo by family friend F

The pews had baby's breath to tie together the floral theme,


while a lone lavender rose waited to be presented the Blessed Mother during the ceremony.

 
Photo by my brother P

Here's the long aisle, waiting to host a very important walk in just a few moments.

 Photo by my brother P

 Our programs


 ... which were expertly passed out by our greeters and ushers: my SIL M and brothers P, B, and A.

Photo by family friend F

Now that the details are taken care of, it's time for the ceremony!

No comments:

Post a Comment