Sunday, March 4, 2012

You're My Everything: GQ, Snow Cone Edition

When I originally started mapping out the timeline for our wedding day, I allotted an hour for groom pictures before the ceremony.  Our photographer quickly set me straight, though, informing me that most grooms' limits for posing and smiling is much shorter than that.  She assured me she'd be able to get all of the shots she needed during the half-hour immediately prior to the ceremony.  Just to play it safe, though, I fudged the photographers' instructions and requested Mr. Snow Cone to be at the church an hour beforehand.  He decided to play it safe, too, and told his groomsmen to be ready to be at the church more than an hour ahead of time.  As it turned out, the hotel shuttle ran late, causing Mr. Snow Cone a tremendous amount of stress and anxiety, but with all the wiggle room built into the schedule, everything went off without a hitch.  Remember, ladies, neurotic worriers always finish first.  Or, at least, arrive to their destination first.

Enough with the chit-chat, onto the pictures!

This is one of my favorite pictures of the day (get used to hearing that).  Every single groomsman either lived in Pittsburgh for part of our engagement or is a member of Mr. Snow Cone's family.  As a result, I feel very much that these are some of our dearest friends, instead of some of his dearest friends.  It was so great to have them all participate in our special day.  Oh, and I could look at that big smile on Mr. Snow Cone's face for hours on end.


Every time I see this picture I can't help thinking of The Mighty Ducks.  It's a little reminiscent of the flying V, right? 

Here's Mr. Snow Cone presenting his mother's nosegay to her, complete with the personalized bouquet charm.

Even though I'm certain Christina asked MIL Snow Cone to gaze up at the groom, I have no doubt this picture could have just as easily been a candid shot, with her lovingly gazing up at her only son, mere minutes before his wedding.
 
 

 Next, FIL Snow Cone jumped into the photo fun, first joining his wife and son,


then posing for a picture with just the groom,


and finally, posing with his wife.


After all the pictures outdoors, the guys moved into the church for a few more casual portraits.
 
 
 Finally, Mr. Snow Cone grabbed a quick picture with my two younger brothers, our ushers extraordinaire. 
 
Above 3 photos by FIL Snow Cone
 
At this point, the bride's portraits had been taken, the groom's portraits had been taken, and the guests were starting to arrive at the church.  All we had left to do was that whole "get married" thing!

 All photos by the amazing Christina Garber unless otherwise noted

No comments:

Post a Comment